Your Application Starts Here!
Are you ready to join our community? The next step is to apply for admission.
To prepare for the application, please look through all of the entire application process below.
- Review the Program Dates, Tuition and Fees, and Application Deadlines.
- See the Application Options page for more details about the different applications.
- The Application Guide page outlines all of the necessary materials and requirements needed in order to complete the application and can answer any questions you may have about the process.
- Review the Acceptance & Securing a Spot page to learn about what to do if you have been accepted.
Residential and commuting applications are on a rolling until full.
Prospective students are encouraged to apply early, as residential spaces typically fill well in advance of our final deadline.
Horizon Scholar Applicants
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
International Applicants Who Require a Stanford-Sponsored I-20 (Canadian Student Excepted)
Friday, March 31, 2017
Final Deadline to Submit Applications (No applications will be accepted after this date.)
Monday, May 15, 2017
To be eligible to apply, applicants must be current sophomores, juniors, seniors, or gap year students at the time of application, and must be 16 on the first day of instruction, June 26, 2017, and no more than 19 by the last day of instruction, August 19, 2017. Applicants may not be matriculating into Stanford as freshmen. There are no exceptions to these guidelines.
Please review our Eligibility & Applicant Information page for more details.
International students should also review our International Students pages for more details about eligibility.
There is an application fee for all applicants.*
Application Fee: $85
* Students who qualify for the Stanford Horizon Scholars program are not required to pay an application fee. No other application fee waivers are granted.