Vaden Health Center
As Summer College students are registered as visiting undergraduates, they have access to Vaden, Stanford’s student health center. Vaden offers medical, counseling, and psychological services.
Vaden.stanford.edu | (650) 498-2336
The Medical Services unit at Vaden offers comprehensive health care to Stanford students. Services include diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of acute illnesses, injuries, and/or chronic conditions. The Vaden medical staff has expertise in general medicine and sports medicine. Some specialty services are available at Vaden as well. If you require specialty care that is not offered at Vaden, the staff will refer you to the appropriate clinic at Stanford Hospital and Clinics or Menlo Medical Clinic. See the Vaden website for the most up-to-date hours of service for Summer 2017.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) offers evaluation and brief counseling, including individual, couples, and group therapy. CAPS staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, and licensed clinical social workers. The cost of an initial evaluation and short-term counseling is covered by the Campus Health Service Fee. Students requesting or requiring ongoing therapy or medication management incur fees.
Other covered services include:
- Crisis counseling for urgent situations, 24 hours per day
- Medication evaluation
- Workshops and groups that focus on students’ social, personal, and academic effectiveness
- Consultation and outreach to faculty, staff, and student organizations
CAPS maintains strict confidentiality.
Student Health Tips
We strongly recommend the following BEFORE coming to campus:
- See a doctor to complete any treatments currently in progress
- See a dentist
- Refill all prescriptions
- Place your health insurance card in your wallet and carry it with you at all times
- Bring an extra pair of eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Keep a copy of your prescription(s) on hand
If you have questions about a special health care need, call Vaden’s administrative office at (650) 725-1364.